Fun Tips and Tricks
Molly’s Suds products are made without chemicals that compromise human health and in turn, are also safe for the Earth. You can use these guides, tips, and tricks for happy and effective laundering!
- If You Care
- Better Life
- DIY recipe – gently shake/mix before use 1 cup Castile, 1 cup water, a few essential oils, and 1 TBSP baking soda
- LemiShine combined with Ecover Zero, especially great for hard water
COUNTERTOP SPRAY CLEANER
- DIY recipe – 2 cups filtered water, 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar (use vodka instead of vinegar for marble, granite or stone) and 5 drops tea tree oil. Add in 1 TBSP Castile soap for grease cutting power
CUTTING BOARD SANITIZER
- Use 1/2 lemon and rub it all over the board, let it sit for about 10 minutes and then rinse away. You can use coarse salt as a scrub if needed.
GARBAGE DISPOSAL FRESHENER
- Drop frozen cubes of vinegar into the drain and run the disposal. Once a week (or so) put 1 scoop of Molly’s Suds Oxygen Whitener down the disposal and let it sit, then run hot water.
- DIY recipe – distilled white vinegar and warm water 1:3 in a bucket. No need to rinse.
- Molly’s Suds All Sport diluted
- Molly’s Suds All Sport diluted
TOILET BOWL CLEANER
- DIY recipe – distilled white vinegar and baking soda with a few essential oils. Molly’s Suds Oxygen Whitener is also fabulous.
- DIY recipe – use a little water with the baking soda and a few drops of essential oils you love.
- DIY recipe – baking soda and essential oils. Use distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle diluted 1:1 for an after shower spray to cut down soap scum.
- Nothing but water and elbow grease is needed! Wipe with a damp (with water) flour sack towel, then a dry flour sack towel. Shines every time!
Non-Profit Educational Resources
HEALTHY CHILD HEALTHY WORLD
As Trusted Partner of Healthy Child Healthy World, we educate the community about everyday toxic exposures. Healthy Child Healthy World is powered by the Environmental Working Group, and empowers parents to take action and protect children from harmful chemicals.
We recommend Healthy Child Healthy World as a resource for healthy living tips and up to date news about the toxic chemicals surrounding us every day.
SAFER CHEMICALS, HEALTHY FAMILIES
Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families is a national effort to protect families from toxic chemicals, comprised of more than 11 million individuals and includes parents, health professionals, advocates for people with learning and developmental disabilities, reproductive health advocates, environmentalists and businesses from across the nation, united by a common concern about toxic chemicals in homes, places of work, and products we use every day.
They fight for reform of our outdated toxic chemical laws, work with retailers to phase out hazardous chemicals from the marketplace and educate the public about ways to protect one’s family from toxic chemicals. Use this resource to help you make better choices about safer living for you and your family members.
WOMEN’S VOICES FOR THE EARTH
Women’s Voices for the Earth amplifies women’s voices to eliminate the toxic chemicals that harm our health and communities and envisions a world where women lead to create a healthy environment without toxic chemicals in our workplaces, homes, and communities. Their core values consist of justice, fairness, equity, alliance-building and engagement.
As a member of the WVE No Secrets Coalition, we recommend their No Secrets: Safer Products for recommended feminine care and cleaning products, their non-toxic Shopping Guide and other tips to avoid toxic chemicals (including DIY recipes).
Also, if you feel the need to fight to push congress to protect us from toxic chemicals, become a WVE Actionista and learn how to take action today.
EWG (ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING GROUP)
The Environmental Working Group is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to protecting human health and the environment. Their mission is to empower people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment. With breakthrough research and education, they drive consumer choice and civic action.
We highly recommend EWG’s consumer guides for ratings on food/seafood/produce, cosmetics, and cleaners, and information on safer sunscreen, water filter, and even cell phone use! They rate products based health concerns of ingredients including overall hazard, cancer, developmental & reproductive toxicity, allergies & immunotoxicity, and use restrictions. Molly’s Suds Laundry Powder is rated A by EWG!
Other Informative Resources
- Simply Gluten Free
- Food Babe
- 100 Days of Real Food
- Erin Brockovich
- Inquisitive Mom
- Healthy Home Economist
- The Healthy Apple
- Keeper of the Home
- Green Child Magazine
- The Realistic Mama
- The Leaky Boob
- The Glamorganic Goddess
- Abe’s Market
- Thrive Market
- Lucky Vitamin
- Green Cupboards
- Green Polka Dot Box